Aramm - The government official behind me

Watched the movie Aramm - and felt the story close to my heart.
The story was weaved around a government officer, having a mission of rescuing a little girl from a deep pit, dug for a futile search of water. She had a lot of people to handle like the girl’s parents, the public, MLA, Minister, media and her own staff. Pressure around her was tremendously built with all of their opinions, disapprovals, ideas, emotional responses, etc. Yet, she was supposed to think straight and win the situation. Else someone dies.
When my mother brought home such stories, I really never understood the magnitude and the intensity of the situations she would have just faced. All I knew was that, my mother was always expected to be late for the dinner. 
Like every other child in the neighborhood, I would like to play in the evenings with my friends. But my mother sent me to tuition as otherwise I would be all alone since she would not be back at home to attend me. During elections, my father takes care of me while my mother will be monitoring the proceedings day and night. After putting me to sleep, he takes food and other replenishments wherever she is and comes back quick before I woke for any reason. In case of disasters, she had handled teams for recovery, rescue and mitigation operations. She always had life and death problems encircling her. To be in particular, once I heard her talking to my father of an incident during an election, when there was a murder happened. Before she started to the spot, my dad had incidentally called her to enquire where she was and if she had had her lunch. After explaining her situations in not more than ten words, her next two questions were only about me in the few seconds she had, before she cut the call. I remember she was in a collector meeting with other fellow officers, when my friend called her to inform that I met with an accident and my collar bone was broken into pieces. When it was her son, she panicked. The collector got her phone, talked to my friend, enquired my status, opined on my further plans and assured him of any assistance within his discretion.
As shown in the movie, some government authorities and officials are lethargic and even corrupt. But there is always an other side of the workforce who must balance. If all government office bearers and employees are lackadaisical as normally assumed, then no public schemes would have been executed, no disasters would have been handled, no roads and bridges would have been constructed and even nobody is safe to walk on roads. We all take only a few seconds to blame all the hard work behind each of operations and functioning of the government. But we were never reminded to thank them whose efforts touch us in every possible way each day. I pay my deep rooted respects to all those members of the government staff who allow me to enjoy my rights and perform my duties as a citizen of this country. I also extend my gratitude to all those sons and daughters, like me, who had suffered in different expanses, so that somebody from their home is going to serve the people. 
I called my mom after the movie to talk about the resemblance of the storyline to what she does day-in and day-out. She didn’t pick. It was an usual affair and generally she calls me back when she gets time. When she called back, may be after an hour, I told about the movie and emotionally said her that I understood something more about her that day. She laughed, and said, “it is a good and a very interesting profession where you serve with your conscience. What you saw on screen was one among many such incidents we are likely to face everyday. Always, I try my best and leave the results with him(GOD). An interesting scene of the movie Tillana Mohanambal is going on in the TV. I will call you tonight”. I bid her good evening before I hung the call.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review : Invincible Arjuna!

Practising Medicine is to save lives!!!