J Jayalalithaa Ennum Naan...

When I was studying in school I met her the closest. By then Ariyalur was not a district. Near the bus stand, there lies a rountana which directs the main road along two ways. I with my friends went to attend her general address before an election. Generally my parents won't allow to visit political gatherings, still I went uninformed. She came in a remodeled tempo traveler with a mike. She started,  "First of all I apologize for being late. Next time I shall be on time to thank you all for electing us because by then the roads through which I came would be different". Then she bestowed her thunderous speech. Manifestos I guess, which I did not give all ears. I was happy to fight the crowd, shout and we guys did not know why we were there, yet we enjoyed. She finished her speech with her signature "Anna namam vazhga! MGR namam vazhga!" Her caravan slowly crossed us. I saw her at about 10m or less. She used to be whiter than what we look in television sets. That was my only political meeting. Now I see that great lady being laid to rest. An epitome of power and intellect. She stood alone but stood tall! Iron lady?? Iron is softer than her attitude. With tears and good wishes I adieu her good bye for one final time! RIP Ms.Jayalalithaa!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review : Invincible Arjuna!

Aramm - The government official behind me

Practising Medicine is to save lives!!!